Monday, June 6, 2011

Are you sure about this?


So last week I helped a patron with a computer software issue, and after I had solved the problem he turned to me and said, "why are you a librarian when you are clearly good with computers?" My answer at the time was, well originally I thought History was far more interesting, and I love libraries. Now I think back and I realize that one of the reasons why i love working at both Public and Academic libraries is that I get the best of both worlds. I love the mix of subjects and people that I deal with each day. Most of all I love working with people. I could not deal with the variety of questions that I deal with on a daily basis in any other field, and while I do admit I could be making more money in other positions... I genuinely love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment